Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
according to one of my favorite blogs. it's international babywearing week. what better time to post these pics?
i've waited so long to slip her in this. it's a little bit of bliss for the both of us.
i have to give a big thanks to my fif (freaky internet friend) vanessa for gifting us this moby.
we love it!
Monday, September 21, 2009
i've been having people ask me where we got her name from. is it a family name?
james and i each had a name picked out for a few years now. before we were even back together. he had a boys name and mine was a girl's. we each liked the other so it worked out perfect!
i picked eliza because it's the name of lake where my parents met in the summer of 1970. nanny (my great-grandma) lived near it, and i just always liked the name.
june came a little later. i had another name picked out, but once we found out she was a girl i got to thinking. i wanted a family name included. i went back and forth between jean and june. after talking to tammy and hearing her say "i'm eliza jean, i was born in georgia!" in the most southern accent ever, i decided june would be a better choice. :) it was grandma rockhill's first name. unfortunately i only got the chance to meet her a couple times back in high school, but i know how important she was to james and his family. grandpa rockhill has been such a big part of our life and i wanted to honor his wife.
i also picked it thinking it might help soften the blow that she didn't have a penis. james was really holding out!
so there she is...miss bean...
(the quilt she is laying on was given to her. it belonged to her great-great-great grandma. june's family line. very special!)
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
sorry if there is more information then you wanted to know, but here is eliza's birth story...in short.
- got an invite for a hot wing dinner. celina's attempt to entice bean out.
- thought i peed my pants while straightening my hair.
- call to the doctor.
- he said no go.
- left for hot wings at ben and celina's.
- really thought i peed my pants.
- told james to turn left and go to the hospital.
- walked in with my paperwork covering my wet jeans.
- checked in. still thinking i just peed.
- found out we're staying.
- sad i didn't get hot wings. or even a last meal.
- this was around 7pm.
- steady contractions, 2cm, but no further progress.
- 2am they start pitocin.
- contractions pick up...a lot.
- pain medicine made me awfully high.
- when i got to 4cm they called in the dr. for an epidural.
- thought i was going to rip in half.
- epidural worked, but only on the right side.
- went from 4cm-10cm in 45 minutes.
- no time to get the epidural figured out.
- did a few practice pushes.
- 20 minutes later bean was here.
- doctor said he wished they had recorded it. it was a textbook birth.
- finally got to eat. mcdonalds never tasted so good.
- nana and papa made it, after getting pulled over for speeding!
- had a few visitors throughout the day.
- easy night at the hospital. with the help of my amazing nurses.
- spent the next morning there.
- got checked out and asked if we could go home that day.
- bean and i both got discharged. she was about 30 hours old.
- nurse said james was the best dad in georgia. he tightened the carseat better than anyone she had seen. then she said "you must not be from georgia!"
- were greeted at home by a very excited maggs and macy.
- after maggs got his head unstuck from the rebound bar on the carseat he pulled her blanket off her and drug it across the room. then he really started to sniff and check her out.
- visited, loved on bean, took pictures.
- had a long first night. mostly because i was paranoid.
- second day was good. can't even remember what we did already!
- second night? much better! i had to wake her for feedings.
- visit to her doctor today.
- only lost an ounce since birth.
- definitely does not have a vandercar head. her head is in the 1.36 percentile. tammy said emma's was in the 90th.
- papa called her a pin head.
- she's doing great.
- cute as can be!
she already had it covered. this came right after her random noise that just happened to sound exactly like "hi!"
she's making us laugh already.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
after realizing i accidentally tossed the hardware for the valence in the trash and digging through the nasty can outside. we finally were able to hang it up, and top off the nursery.
the only thing left is i'd like to make the birdcage into a lamp. james still thinks i'm crazy.
here it is though. can't wait to bring her home!
and yes, she better be a she!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
i tried to tell bean that this would make a great birthday. very numerically pleasing. especially for this number crazy mama, but i don't think she cares.
that's okay though. we still have a week until our official due date, and i'm still feeling good. (just don't ask me at night when i become an insomniac.)
it's funny to see people's reactions when they ask how far along i am, or how much longer i have. their eyes get real big! it's usually followed by "but you don't look that big. you should have seen me!" and a head nod from their husband.
i appreciate it, but all i can see is a big ol' belly!
my favorite thing as of late have been pushing on her bottom and making her feet pop out my left side. it never gets old!
can't wait to squeeze that little tush for real.
Friday, September 4, 2009
there is a spot in bean's baby book to put a picture of siblings. underneath that asks how many brothers and sisters there are along with ages. well, below that they have a spot for family pets. so i filled that in and figured instead of having a blank picture spot i'd get one of maggs and jude.
i only had one picture of them together. i love it, but it's a little blurry and features a messy room...
so james and i spent one night trying to get the perfect picture.
there were quite a few outtakes. one would be looking at the camera, while the other flipped out, rolled over, stretched, whatever.
there was one point where james had them both looking and right when he took the picture they both looked into the kitchen at something, and i started cracking up because it looked like he had told them "now look into the distance...into your future!"
at the end of the photoshoot maggs retreated to his cage. james followed with jude for more torture, and this is the best we got.
my dog...hating his life.
i love it.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
the ladies at our church threw me a shower last saturday.
it was so wonderful to get together!
i also broke out the pink polka dot dress that tammy wore to dav and whit's wedding.
this dress was dying to be worn again.
i also fell in love with petit fours. they were delicious!
bean is pretty set on clothes. now hoping she really is a girl, or we'll have one mixed up kid!
can't believe september is finally here!
i'm 38 weeks today. people are making me laugh when they say "i feel like you have been pregnant forever!"
it's true though. it's been a year since we got pregnant the first time, and except for almost a month after the d&e i have been pregnant this whole time.
james found some vodka shooters in the cabinet the other day and said "why are these here, and why didn't i know about them?!"
i told him "i got them at my shower for the wedding, and well, i have been pregnant pretty much the whole time we've been married!"
looking forward to a few drinks in the future! :)
for now...we wait.